The 2013 Brief
Entrants must create a well executed, inspirational, modern colour with a beautiful editorially inspired style and finish on a female model, complementing an Autumn/Winter 2013/14 fashion trend to create a show - stopping total look.
Your Photographic Entry
• Entrants must only use L’Oréal Professionnel colour and styling products on their models.
• The Challenge: Entrants must create a well executed, inspirational, modern colour with a beautiful editorially inspired style and finish on a female model complementing an Autumn/Winter 2013/14 fashion trend to create a show - stopping total look.
• Entrants must either send to L’Oréal a colour 10”x 8” photo of their female model fulfilling the brief above or upload their entry photo. Upload criteria: a digital file - tiff or jpeg of min size 3MB to max 7MB at 300dpi onto www.lorealcolourtrophy.com. No scans of printed photos will be accepted. These may be a head or full - length shot but no more than 1 year old at the date of entry.
• Entrants must clearly mark on the back of their photo that they are entering the L’Oréal Colour Trophy category and attach the photo to the correct entry form enclosed in the 2013 L’Oréal Colour Trophy entry pack and send to L’Oréal Colour Trophy, 2nd Floor, 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ or they must fill in the online form correctly and attach the minimum required size photo when uploading their entry.
• Entrants may not enter the same photo for more than one award category.
• Only 1 team per salon can enter a Colour Trophy category (i.e. a salon cannot have 2 competing teams in the same Colour Trophy category) but a salon can enter a 2nd (or 3rd) team into another Colour Trophy category. (A team may enter more than 1 Colour Trophy category as long as it is not the L’Oréal Men’s Image Award and L’Oréal Colour Trophy because they are run simultaneously on the same dates.)
• The entrant’s salon must be trading at the time of entry. If the salon is trading with L’Oréal, it must be fully compliant with L’Oréal conditions of sale and credit terms during all stages of the competition.
• All prizes are awarded to the salon rather than individuals within a team and if any members of the winning team leave their salon they forfeit their prize
experiences. The hair colourist and hair stylist must get the consent of the salon owner(s) to enter into this competition.
• All prizes awarded to the salon must be claimed during the winning year Monday 3rd June 2013 to Sunday 22nd June 2014.
• The team entering the L’Oréal Colour Trophy should consist of no more than four people including the model and all members of the team must be UK residents and be 16 years or over on closing date of entry, Friday 1st March 2013. Apart from the model (who may change between the photographic stage
and the Regional Final stage only) the other team members must remain the same throughout the competition (from photographic entry stage through to
the Regional Final stage and/or the Grand Final, as applicable).
• The model, clothes, make-up and hairstyle must remain the same at both Regional and Grand Final stages.
• Entries can be received or uploaded from Monday 7th January 2013. All entries must reach L’Oréal by Friday 1st March 2013. Late Entries will not be permitted.
• Entry to the L’Oréal Colour Trophy is free.
35 teams will be selected to attend each Regional Final in this category. Four finalists will then be selected to represent each region at the Grand Final totalling 28 Grand Finalists.
Monday 3rd June 2013 – L’Oréal International Academy, Hammersmith and
Grosvenor House, London.
All 28 Grand Finalists will be required to attend the Grand final and the 7 regional winners and the overall winner, 2nd and 3rd place, will be announced on stage during the evening.
The salon of the winning team will receive the L’Oréal Colour Trophy Award 2013 and the winning salon team members comprised of the hair stylist and hair colourist will receive the following:
— A one day shoot to photograph their winning look on the winning model to take place on Wednesday 12th June 2013 in London. The winning salon will be required to provide the same model and clothes styling as the Grand Final for this shoot. L’Oréal will provide reasonable transportation costs to attend this shoot for the model, hair stylist and hair colourist from the winning salon. The photographs produced will be used to promote the salon’s win in local press and hairdressing trade publications for the salon’s winning year and to promote the L’Oréal Colour Trophy competition for the following year.
— A one day training day with an experienced photographic session stylist to teach key techniques to the winning stylist.
— The above activity will be followed by a one day shoot to create a double page spread featured in Vogue in March 2014. L’Oréal will provide reasonable transportation costs and one night’s hotel accommodation to attend this photographic session for the hair stylist and hair colourist from the winning salon.
— Lunch with your hairdressing Idol. L’Oréal will provide reasonable transportation costs to attend this lunch for the hair stylist and hair colourist from the winning salon.
Full terms and conditions for each competition is situated on the back of the relevant entry available to download here: